This page will be updated with further information as and when it becomes available, as will the Government and NHS websites, so please check regularly. Links to their sites can be found further down this page.
Below are some key points to consider during this difficult time, and also contact numbers for some local shops.
MINIMISING THE SPREAD
- Follow the guidance given by the Government, and check regularly for new information to ensure you are following current advice to keep yourself and others safe.
- Keep a watch out for family, friends and neighbours, especially those who may be classed as vulnerable (over 70 and those with underlying health conditions), as well as the community as a whole.
- If you’re able to offer any help, please do so safely, observing the social-distancing advice.
- There are many residents in isolation who are not online, please support them if you’re able. A telephone call or text message to check in on them, or a note through their door with your own contact details could help them feel less isolated.
- Stay at home if possible, this will minimise the spread and allow key workers and essential services to continue to operate.
- As schools have now closed, some parents may be struggling to find child care if they are still having to work away from home. Please do not consider the older groups and vulnerable that should be isolating as child care options.
PLEASE REMEMBER, YOUR DECISIONS AND ACTIONS RIGHT NOW, MAY HAVE IMPACTS ON OTHER PEOPLE’S LIVES, AND MAY HAVE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS IN THE FUTURE.
There are some people who may be taking this situation as an opportunity to take advantage of us. Be on your guard and aware. Do not give any personal details to anyone if you are not happy to do so – it could be a scam.
Government advice and links to information
NHS website - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Bridlington Regeneration Partnership website has useful information here for individuals and businesses - www.bridregen.org.uk/coronavirus/
Helping Driffield Covid-19, you click to join then can request help or offer to help.
Kilham shop run from Boyes garage - 01262 420 627
Rudston shop - Diane Morgan in Rudston
Rudston is a rural village in the Yorkshire Wolds, 6 miles west of Bridlington. The village is surrounded by prime farming land, as can be seen from the photograph above, and the churchyard contains the Monolith from which the village gets its name (Rood Stane).
This site contains a range of interesting information about the village and its activities.
We hope you enjoy browsing the site and find it both interesting and useful.